More reliable than memory
Don’t hold in mind what paper or a device can hold for you.
- Write out the steps for solving math equations
- Create checklists and to-do lists
- Set reminders in an online calendar or phone
- Use a graphic organizer before writing
- Write down homework assignments in an agenda book
Using paper or a device to hold important information helps ensure your child won’t lose track of anything, while freeing their mind to attend fully to whatever it is they’re doing in the moment.