Rainy day? No problem!
Rainy summer day? Great! Round up the kids and the board games and make it a game day! There are tons of board games that provide fun ways to practice and develop executive function skills and prevent the summer brain drain.
- Boggle and Scrabble are great games to practice flexible thinking, time management, spelling and vocabulary.
- Pictionary helps children practice flexible thinking, time management, and persevereance.
- Chess and checkers help your child practice strategic thinking and flexibility depending on their age and how the game unfolds.
- Jenga provides an opportunity to practice self-monitoring, flexible thinking, planning, and impulse control.
- Risk and Monopoly provide opportunities to practice longer-term planning, organization, strategic thinking, and mental math.
There’s lots of learning to be done in fun, clever ways on a rainy summer day!