School is out. Now what? Even with all of the social and travel limitations, this untraditional summer presents the perfect opportunity for your child to go exploring. Now they have the time to discover new interests or deepen their knowledge of interests they already have. A quick Google search reveals tons of organizations that are offering free virtual experiences for children, teens and adults. Here is a sampling:
- The Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum is offering free online exhibits this summer ranging from Women in Aviation to The Fastest Jet Aircraft in the World to Duct Tape Auto Repair on the Moon.
- If your vacation plans were nixed this summer, you can still travel virtually at YouVisit.com. Take a tour of Philadelphia, Vietnam, Macchu Picchu, and more!
- The British Museum is sharing a Harry Potter: A History of Magic exhibition.
- Is your child a planner and/or curious about what their future may hold? Spend some time with National Public Radio WXXI’s I Can Be What? YouTube show.
- Also: Explore EM Academy!