Design and Create Your Own Digital Escape Room
Escape Rooms have seen an increase in popularity recently, and it’s time for you to join the craze! In this elective, you will design and create your own digital escape room! Centered around a theme and audience of your choosing, you will research a topic and come up with clues in the form of logic puzzles, trivia, math problems, or riddles, for your audience to solve. Weekly assignments for this project will include conducting research on a chosen topic, note-taking, mapping ideas, writing clues, developing a digital interface, and usability testing. This elective will culminate in a final project: your own Digital Escape Room that can be shared with classmates, friends, and family!
Executive Function Skills
- Organization of ideas
- Planning and time management
- Organization of materials
- Self-monitoring and follow-through
- Flexibility and transition
- Task initiation
- Analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure a text, order events within it, and manipulate time create such effects as mystery, tension, or surprise.
- Analyze how the author unfolds an analysis or series of ideas or events, including the order in which the points are made, how they are introduced and developed, and the presence or absence of connections between them.
- Determine the meaning(s) of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
- Write narratives.
- Engage and orient the reader by setting out a problem, situation, or observation, establishing one or multiple point(s) of view.
- Narrative techniques such as dialogue, pacing, description, reflection, and multiple plot lines, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
- Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting.
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- The Number System.
- Expressions and Equations.
Digital Literacy Standards and Frameworks
- Use digital tools to design and develop significant digital artifact.
- Gather, organize, analyze, and synthesize information using a variety of digital tools.
- Select digital tools or resources based on their efficiency and effectiveness.