Special Report: Writing and Creating Your Own Podcast!
Given the microphone, what story would you tell? Human life is an interconnected web of stories, and the media presents a large platform for telling them. This elective will help you become the reporter you were born to be by creating your very own podcast! In this elective, you will choose a topic, issue, or event to research and explore, making connections between the personal and the public world. By planning and producing a podcast through all the stages, you will construct a story that is clear, informative and so exciting that listeners won’t even be tempted to press pause. Drawing on other podcasts as models and inspiration, at the end of this elective you will compose your own original podcast, all while gaining the invaluable 21st century skills of innovation and technology.
Executive Function Skills
- Organization of ideas
- Planning and time management
- Organization of materials
- Self-monitoring and follow-through
- Flexibility and transition
- Task initiation
MA Practice Standards and Frameworks
- Read closely to determine what a text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from a text.
- Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
- Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
- Use technology to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
- Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
- When conducting research, gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
Speaking and Listening
- Comprehension and Collaboration
- Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas