Tip of the Week
“The Time is Always Right to do What is Right.”
As our children are learning to navigate a new normal during a global pandemic, they are also witnessing worldwide protests on racial inequality. They are front row to a reinvigorated movement that will hopefully bring about much needed, lasting change in our society. With so much uncertainty around them, many children are asking important and difficult questions and are sharing concerns and worries with the adults in their lives. Here are a few resources to support parents and caregivers along this journey with their children.
- Books about racism for kids: Anti-racism, police brutality and more
- Anti-Racism for Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide to Fighting Hate
- Talking to Kids About Racism
- Talking With Children About Racism, Police Brutality and Protests
- Graphic: A way to explain what Black Lives Matter really means
Martin Luther King said: “The time is always right to do what is right.” Engaging Minds is committed to listening, learning, furthering the discussion, and always doing what is right.